November 18, 2008

Vocal Exercise

Every Christmas season, the Winston-Salem community puts on a production of Handel's Messiah...yes, the 3 hours, 250 page, full-on Messiah. This year I decided to participate and it has been quite the experience. Not only is the music itself mind blowing-ly amazing but vocally it is some serious exercise. I used to sing in highschool on more a professional/trained level, but haven't in years and I noticed that my voice is out of shape. Sounds funny, but true. With all the trills and triples and 16th notes, my mind (and diaphram) are spent. The performance is in a little less than three weeks so I hope I come around by then. Oh! And to my suprise, it is a blast to sing and get together with people from other churches. And lastly, the power behind this music is beyond words...it is truely majestic. Wish you could all make it to hear the final result...wish me luck!

No comments: