Lately, I have been really, really anxious about the baby coming. Not knowing when and how this is all going down has made me...well, scared. And the increased movements and ever growing belly is making this all more real. About a week ago I definately felt baby boy move down and have felt pressure down there sometimes when he moves around. Its not very comfortable...and sometimes I feel like he's gonna just come out on his own. My doctor's appointment was really good today though, she let me know all was good and that I was "stone-cold normal." She really calmed my nerves and let me know if my water does break, I still have a good amount of time before he actually comes out. She's my favorite...and how I lost a pound this last week is a mystery (not planning on that happening again).
So, I guess this is really happening. Since Davis is on an OB rotation now and delivers quite a few babies, I am always asking him stupid questions like, "So the baby comes out and it just looks like a normal baby?" Yes. "So there really is a little human growing inside me?" Yes. "So the baby looks like a little person inside me now and then I push him out and he's the same baby that was in me?" Yes. Its all so surreal. Even though we are so ecstatic about him coming I still have this phase to get over...if I ever do.
Baby boy will be here soon...just a little over a month. We've gotten pretty much all the basic essentials, just a few more things to buy. Its getting close...wish me luck. And pray that my nerves will chill.
5 comments:
Just wanted to comment and tell you I will pray for you! Everything will be fine! How exciting! You get to have a brand new little spitrit in your family--- it really is such a gift!
I felt the same way before Kinsey was born. The excitement will outway your worry when he starts coming though. I am so excited for you!
Thanks guys!
I'm so excited for you Laura! Good luck! I miss all you guys!
Cicily
it is the craziest thing in the world how a baby is made/born. i will never get over it.
ps sorry to say, but once that baby is on the other side, your nerves will go into overdrive. well, mine did anyway. i was/am a nutcase!
oh yeah, i am reading jane eyre right now too!
Post a Comment