August 22, 2010

Burfday Boy

It was Marshall's first birthday this past week. I cannot believe he is a year old. It has been such a fun year and I have really enjoyed all his stages. Marshall is such a joy to me and Davis. He is so friendly and fun! He is always cheerful and just an all-around happy guy! We feel so blessed to have Marshall in our family-he truly was sent just to us...for us.
Marshall is offically a "walking boy." He was stumbling around a few weeks but decided to really take off on his birthday and he's been walking since! Its been so fun to watch him walk around! Makes me realize how big he's gotten! Marshall is also saying a few words (which we are suprised to hear) like, "Whuz tha?" (What's that?) "Dat." (That). "Esth" (Yes) and "Thisssss." (Uh, this). Marshall also loves to read books, he loooooves books! He likes to play ball and dance to music. He likes to eat cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, raisins, Goldfish, crackers, peas, Mac & Cheese, bagels and toast. He had his first year check up and he is 18.5 lbs (2%) and 30 inches (57%). He is a little skinny guy and we were advised to up that fat in his diet. We gotta chunk him up!
My family (alllll my family, minus 2 husbands) came in town for the week of Marshall's birthday. It was really fun to have everyone here. I will do a post on this later but here are some birthday pictures!
I forgot to mention that Marshall LOVES ducks! So I made a duck cake...I was pretty proud.
Oh, and you can see my new glasses here too... :)
He's pretty excited!
Yea! for cake!
Eating his first bit of sugar and cake ever! He was a little skeptical but after a little lick he was diggin' in!
Marshall got loads of presents! Much needed new toys and clothes from the grandparents (Thanks).

I could tell he had a really fun time and could tell that it was a special day. Oh, we also got some pictures taken at JCPenney that morning. He was SUCH A HAM! He ate it up!!! The photographer said she'd never had a one year old behave so well....he LOVE the camera. :)

We love you Marshy!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Props on the cake! That's amazing. Marshall's pretty amazing too.