August 4, 2010

The Ulimate Catch-Up...

So, yes it is true!!! I'd like to officially welcome myself back into cyberworld. I've just got done posting about a 100 pictures from Hawaii, the move, Davis's birthday, and graduation on facebook so if you are a friend of mine you can see lots of pictures there but I thought I would just upload a few here for fun and let you in on what we have been up to.

Graduation, May
Davis's parents
My parents
Yay!
At a fancy graduation dinner. Having fun!
It was fun to get all jazzied up.

Hawaii, June
We went to a botantical garden. There were some crazy plants!
"Our" beach. This was across the street from the condo. This is were we snorckled! Awesome.
Me and the beached seals. It was nuts!
It was a long and windy road up to this canyon but soooooo worth it, brought me to tears. I've never seen anything so beautiful.

This is at the Spouting Horn.
Waterfalls are everywhere!!! This one was 80 feet, and gorg!
This one was only 10 feet and we had to hike through the bush to get to it. Fun stuff.
This is poor, little Marshall in the helicopter before we took off. Yes, we took him! I don't think we really thought it through but he cried most of the time and it was so sad. But finally zonked out. We felt pretty bad, I don't advice this to any parents. He was a trooper!
A little taste of what we saw on our helicopter tour. This was by far the best part of the trip. This is the Kauai coastline that you can't get to by car, only kayak. It was incredible the things we saw and I was up front by the pilot so I got some great pictures and was blown away! I have tons more pics of the tour on FB so check it out. Its amazing!
Love the lava rock beaches.
And the crystal clear water! This was a naturally-made little baby pool. Marshall loved it.
And this is a man made chlorine pool, ha! There was some pools at our condo, which were great for Marshall. We did alot of swimming. Fish, fish, fish.
By one of the waterfalls we hiked too. So lush and beautiful!
Marshall was so curious!
Oh, and this is one of the best pictures I got on the helicopter tour. Isn't this amazing? Wow! Beautiful.
And last but not least, the cutest graduation picture ever! I love this.

Congratulations again, Davis. We love you so much and are so stinking proud of you!

A quick update to the longest post ever! Davis is on his 2nd rotation at St. Johns...Labor and Delivery B. Which basically means he does everything but deliver babies like break people's water, check dialations, etc. He is adjusting to the early morning get-ups (usually out the door by 5:30am) and really, really, really enjoying the life of a doctor. He is still learning and growing a ton and landed a great group of residents. We had them over this past weekend and had a fun time.
The house is coming together well. Man, we have had alot to invest in seeing we only had a few pieces of furniture and how I didn't really buy any decorating stuff at all while we lived in an apartment...I wanted to save that energy for a house, and I have! It has been so fun spursing up the place! The kitchen and family are done, and we are going to tackle Marshall's room this weekend. I will post pictures when I actually take some. Ha.
We are still loving!!! St. Louis. It has been so hot the past couple days...so hot, as in don't go outside unless you are swimming hot. At 7:30am it was 85 degress yesterday. It was 115 by the afternoon, including humidity. Nice.
Marshall will be one in a little over a week and we have family coming into town for that. As in, my WHOLE family! I am so excited!!!! So more posts and pictures to come. Keep in touch!

2 comments:

Livi said...

that last picture is so priceless!

Shellee said...

yOu just did the post I need to do myself. I have been a blog slacker but I haven't wanted to post anything so I haven't. I am glad you love your new place. we love it here too. It has been a steam room in ohio. I am sure st louis is the same but hotter. love ya