January 17, 2011

Day 1

Sidenote: So right now I'm watching Dr. Oz (love his show) and he talking about food addicts....interesting. He said that when you eat unhealthy food you stimulate the same part of your brain that drugs and alcohol do. Crazy! 

First off, I'd like to thank yoga and pilates for training me to breath through my exercises. I love you. This really helped me breath through my massive side cramp I got while running today! Ha!
 But seriously, I looooooove yoga and pilates. :)

I did my first training today. If you are interested I am following a 11-week training program for beginning triathlon-ers found on www.trinewbies.com. Its pretty simple at the beginning.

Fuel: Carb-based breakfast of oatmeal and toast, glass of skim milk and some water when I woke up.
Tunes: Jack's Mannequin, Bush, Gwen, Bee-atles, Built to Spill
Workout: 10 min walk warm-up, 15 minute run. Found a great pace....more of a brisk jog. Cool down 5 minutes. Free weights for 15 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Recovery: Stretches, protein-based snack and WATER!!!! And a massive tickle war with Marshall, don't worry...I won. :)
Status: 9 outta 10 today. I felt great while running (beside the massive side cramp). Like I said I found a great pace and turned it up a couple notches near the end to get a stronger run in for at least 5 minutes. I was really surprised with how steady and good I felt especially for not running at all since September. So far so freaking good.
Tomorrow: Bike 5 miles
*Doing a pilates/yoga/tia chi class tonight---booyah!

6 comments:

brightbit said...

gooooooooooood job! go you!

Alisa J said...

That's awesome laura! Good job!

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

Way to go Laura. You need to call me, btw :)

Davis and Laura said...

No, Stacy...you need to call me! :)

Cicily said...

Yay Laura! Keep it up!!

Shellee said...

When you come to do the race you can take my yoga class. I love yoga too. I did my swim then run and it was amazing how swimming before gave me energy to run. I love lady gaga to run to. I also like sara barielles's new cd