Today was a quick day. I got to the gym later than usual because Marshall slept in til 8:30! And so did I!!! I woke up in a frenzy. I didn't get to the pool to swim til about 9:40ish and then found out there was a water aerobics class at 10 so I only had 20 minutes....ah!!!
Fuel: Carbs...Kashi Go-Lean Crunch. Favorite cereal EVER...and I am not a cereal fan.
Tunes: none today
Workout/Training: 200 yard swim. I did 100 in breast stroke and 100 in Freestyle, 50 in backstroke and 50 in side stroke for cool down. Total distance: 300 yards.
Recovery: Hot Tub and playdate/lunch at a friends! And of course, water!!!
Total Time: I was surprised to actually finish this up in 20 minutes, would have like to have 30 or more though.
Status: I looove to swim, but it is difficult because you use muscles you don't use everyday and it works every.single.muscle in your body! This by far kicked my butt more than the running and biking so I will just have to work at it. I started out great with the breast stroke but couldn't get my breathing right with the freestyle. I had to stop and re-do some breathing a few times to get it right. I really felt it, though---but in a good way. So excited to get better at this. 8 outta 10 today.
Tomorrow: Is my "off" day so I'm doing a step class with some friends...if the snow storm tonight doesn't prevent us!
*No good classes to do tonight so I'm chillin' at home, OH! But the Zumba was a little cheesey for me...I did have fun though and got some good cardio in.
3 comments:
Laura, You are kickin' girl! Wow! I got to get a suit so I can start swimming!
Swimming is so fun but definitely hard. I have been trying to only do freestyle because I am not good at it. i don't know if I can do 400m of freestyle in the race. I guess it doesn't matter what stroke you do only that you swim. I have found that exercise everyday(i have been trying to do 30 mins of yoga in the morning too). I have so much more energy and sleep better. I also have an appetite for good food and not junk. I love reading your journaling.
Shellee---ditto, ditto, ditto!!!
Post a Comment