January 5, 2011

The Holiday

Wow! We survived yet another Christmas season! We had a great time visiting family and seeing old friends. Because Davis had to work Christmas day we (as in our little fam) had our own Christmas on the 22nd before me and Marshall left for Boise. It was fun to watch Marshall open presents and we all got spoiled.

We waited for Davis to come into town before we opened presents in Boise and had "Christmas" on the 27th. We opened the presents in the morning and it felt pretty authentic. Once again, Marshall loved his presents...and yes, we all got spoiled. It was a great Christmas. 

New Years was pretty chill. We played some games, ate at the country club and went to bed as early as you can on New Years eve because we had a flight back to STL the next morning.

It was a much needed vacation and we did some serious vegging out.
It was so great to see old highschool friends and the girls night was looooaaaaads of fun! Thanks for everyone who came and we missed those who couldn't be there!

Here are some pictures from the trip:

Marshall loved this chair because he could climb and sit in it himself.

Grandma got him a huge stuffed horse! He loves this..."neigh, neigh, neigh!!"

Opening presents with Aunt Chelsea.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Katseanes

Playing with Buzzzzz!!! He's NEW obsession. Everything is "Buzzth!"

Cowboy boot slippers. These are the best!

We went to a little kids playplace called, "Monkey Bizness" one day with some friends while the fam went skiing and everything was mostly those big blow-up slides, etc. It took Marshall some getting used to but he had a fun time and even went down the slides by himself near the end! (Thanks Veronica for the idea! Wish you could have been there but we had a great time!)


Marshall and Ella

His favorite thing besides Buzz...ducks!


Going down the slides


BIG BOY!

We hope you guys had a great holiday season as well! Happy 2011!!

4 comments:

Shellee said...

Is that stacy spencer/botkins little girl? I am glad you had fun. We put Deva back in school for half day kindergarten. It has been great for me. She really likes it she got put in the same class with her good friend from church. Hopefully I can get some craft projects going with some of my free time. Mom and I are doing a sprint trialthon in april. I hate running but it's only a 5k. I am just doing it as motivation to get some muscle and to have a more regular exercise routine. peace out.

Davis and Laura said...

Hey, I wanna do that tri with you guys! When is it? And yes, that is Stacie's little girl.

Shellee said...

It'd april 16th in oxford. THere is a great website called trinewbies.com it has a great beginner's program. you start really slow and build up. the cost is $50 but it should be fun. you swim at the rec center 400M and then bike 12 miles and run a 5K. I am excited. You should do it with us and it would be an excuse to come visit us.

Lindsay Henderson said...

It was so fun to see you while you guys were in town!! You look sooo good!! I love your new years goals too!! I think mine will be just surviving the "new mom" skills, haha!! xo