March 21, 2011

Last 3 Weeks

I'm on my last 3 weeks of training and I'm getting more and more nervous...and kinda excited at the same time. AH! Can I do this? YES I CAN!!!

Today is my "off" day so I did a step class...does that make since? Ha! Well, with only 10 minutes left in the class I looked around and saw that half the class was gone! This got me thinking...

One of the biggest things I tell myself while working out is, " YOU ARE STRONG!" and that helps me out a lot. I love Jillian Michaels and I love the way she gets you going mentally as an athlete because I think getting fit is 70 percent mental strength. After doing DVD after DVD of her's, I've really trained my brain to think positive during my training. I think this is one of the biggest fall backs as people are trying to get fit....they give up mentally. So, here's my bit of advice---don't give up! YOU ARE STRONG!!! Jillian always says that people don't know how strong they really are and I totally agree.

Here's to 3 more weeks!

Oh, and I did sign up for the St. Louis fitness weekend to run a 5k!!! This is the coolest weekend ever! They have a mile run for kids, a 5k, a half marathon and a full marathon! NUTS! It would be great to plan on doing the half next year...huh? Huh?

7 comments:

Shellee said...

I was really excited because I have struggled with my running and I mapped how long I ran the other day thinking it was very long and it turned out to be 3.2 miles. I was so surprised. I didn't run the entire thing but almost. That's about the length of a 5k. I feel like Maybe I am more ready than I think.
ps the secret code word i have to write is fainting I thought that was funny.

Shellee said...

EDIT to last comment:

thinking it wasn't very long not was

Melissa S. said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Laura you are awesome!!! I'm so impressed with all that you do! Good luck with your last three weeks! We are cheering you on! BTW, there is a marathon, half marathon, and 5k at Disney World in January and we are talking about making it a family reunion. Maybe the rest of the Stevensons can join us too! My dad is training for a half marathon; he did 10 miles last weekend, so he is almost there. Can you believe it? I never thought my dad would be a runner!

Davis and Laura said...

Katie! That is awesome!!!!!! I love it, and would love to participate too! :)

brightbit said...

you go GIRL!!!!!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! 3 more weeks is nothing ... as HARD as your have been working you're going to do awesome at that 5k!!!