March 29, 2012

Marshall Recently


I realized that I haven't written much about Marshall recently. He really is growing up so fast. By the end of winter, all his pants were about 1-2 inches too short (but still around the waist---ha!), he's been talking more, cracking some jokes, playing better with friends and making us fall more and more in love with him.

He had a doctor's appointment recently and I think I shared the stats---still tall and skinny. He's growing well and developing and learning so much.
He's been potty-trained for almost 2 months now, still has a few accidents here and there but didn't wear a pull-up last night (we ran out) and woke up dry! YAY! We'll see if that sticks around.
He's our little morning-guy and has had me up for the last couple weeks at 6am. He woke up at 7am today though and I thought..."Yay, I got to sleep in!" Sad! He's always ready to go and do something fun, which is fine with me because so I am. We don't like to bum around the house much.
He loves his friends at the gym and the day-care workers there just eat him up---they love him as well. 
PS. They are so awesome there, probably wouldn't go as much if I didn't like who watched him so much! :)

He's eating better and better. Trying out more things. If you've been keeping track of posts about him, you'll remember his eating has been a huge stress for me. He's picky and doesn't eat much but he's coming around and we've had to set-up some "ground rules" to get him to eat more.
We've also been having to discipline more (which I am horrible at, I give him too many chances and that seems to back fire...ha!). He HATES time-out so that usually does the trick. He is always trying to do his best though and doesn't have the "naughy-ness" a lot of parents complain about. But...he does have his days, trust me!

We hit this awesome whining phase a couple weeks ago that went away after I realized that he still needs naps, which he does take still. Lack of sleep made him super crabby and crazy! Marshall really loves attention and affection, if I give these to him he's pretty easy to handle. We like to keep busy by coloring, doing playdough, playing baseball and basketball, going to the park, playing with his "tracks",visiting the local children's museum, going to the Zoo, playdates with friends, watching a movie here and there that he really likes, playing cars, going out somewhere cheap to lunch, having "pre-school", finger-painting, playing bubbles, making cookies, playing games...list goes on and on. We really like to keep busy around here! :)

Whenever Davis gets home he's got to get in his "man-time" in and they love to wrestle, play golf and fly this remote helicopter around that Davis has. 

He's also started this thing where he loves us to call him certain characters and yesterday I was telling Davis he listens better when I call him the "character of the day". Some include Simba, Franklin (the turtle), monster, duckie, Bolt (that Disney show), Timon (and these days I'm Pumba), son (yes, son...), Lion, Bear (any animal really), and whatever silly name he can think of for that day. I think its hilarious. He will say things like, "Say, 'Eat your breakfast Simba.'" and I will say it and he'll do it! It works GREAT for bedtime! 

We've really been drilling him about baby sister coming around. He talks about her, knows her name and seems excited. We make sure to mention that she's staying at our house too. He seems to grasp it but it will be interesting to see how everything goes down when she comes. We are getting sooooooo excited and really anxious. I feel like our little family will be more complete with her here.

Marshall continues to be nothing but a complete joy to us. He makes us smile and laugh, and feel so proud to have him in our family. Classic saying when it comes to Marshall is, "He's such a good boy." And its true! 
Love ya Marsh!


1 comment:

Shellee said...

Cute Marshy!!! I read baby sitter instead of baby sister and I kept thinking why are you getting a baby sitter so close to having your baby then I realized my mistake.