I am so happy it was a swimming day today! I feel down my stairs yesterday. I know, I kinda laughed too...but it hurt! My feet slipped out from under me and I landed right on my back and slid down the stairs. I scraped my hand on the wall and twisted my ankle not too bad. It kinda knocked the wind outta me! This morning I woke up to a sore upper back and a sore ankle so I was happy to do fluid exercising!
Fuel: Oh geez, I'm embarrassed to admit to this---I had organic (yes, they were organic!) "pop tarts" and skim milk. They gave me the carbs and sugar I needed for the exercises! Seriously, less sugar than yogurt so I don't feel too bad.
Tunes: no tunes today besides breathing rhythms in my head
Training: 200 yard swim. I did 50 sidestroke for warm up, 100 breaststroke, 150 in free style and 50 yards of cool down in a stroke I made up called "lay on your back and kick slowly" stroke.
Total Distance: 350 yards
Total Time: about 25 minutes (35 if you count the hot tub soak!)
Recovery: Stretching in the pool, nice hot tub soak and just realized I haven't eaten yet! Oops, I'm hungry! Water.
Status: Good, very good! I am getting better with my swimming already. I got the flow in my freestyle and was able to swim a full 100 without much of a break or stopping to gasp for air half way through the stroke! Finding that if I keep my strokes smooth and slow, I can last longer and swim stronger. I'm starting to really love the swimming and look forward as a kinda "break" in the week...ha! 9 outta 10, great day!
*Although I did have a great swim day, I'm feeling the crud of a cold creeping in on me and Marshall. Was going to do a Zumba class tonight but might just take it easy. Like Davis said after one night when I complained I couldn't stand up after dinner one night, " I don't think you are suppose to swim for 30 minutes, run for 30 minutes and then do an hour exercise class at night too!" Well, geez! I just love the classes...that's the best part of the gym membership and I miss out on it doing my training! And really, part of me not getting up could have been just plain laziness...
PS. Guy swimming next to me today was wearing a snorkel and flippers. Rad.
1 comment:
I haven't been sore from swimming but today i was from yesterdays swim. I am trying to get my breathing down which is what i think is the hardest part about swimming. hope you feel better and sorry about falling down the stairs
Post a Comment