January 27, 2011

Week 2 Day 4

Running day! Woke up to an even sore-er back today...and shoulder! Was a little nervous about because of the aches but I succeeded.

Fuel: Carbs! Kashi Go Lean Crunch, water---but not too much, wasn't planning on a side ache today.
Tunes: Ugh! Can't find my phone! Saw it on the table today but Marshall got into it and now its no where to be found. Watched/listened to the Nate Berkus Show---he's aight.
Training: Run 20 minutes. 10 minutes warm up, 4 minute cool down, 15 minutes with upper body & free weight, 8ish minutes on abs.
Total Time: about an hour.
Total Distance: a little over 2 miles
Recovery: *Whey Protein shake with a spoonful of pb---so delish!
Status: Today was a nice running day. I ran at a higher speed and felt pretty strong until the side ache crept up on me! Getting seriously old, fast. I ran through it though and it did go away near the end of the run which is good. Davis and family have given me some good information on how to rid of them (stengthen core, prefect your breathing, balance your steps better)---so I'm working on it. Running that extra 5 minutes I haven't yet was a stretch especially with a higher speed, but I did it. And I felt strong afterward---I sweat like a dog though, felt good! :) 8 outta 10 today. 
Tomorrow: Bike 8 Miles! Oh the boredom! Might see if there is a cycling class in the am! 


* Last night over dinner Davis told me that they had a Weight Loss Specialist come and chat with the residents. He said some really neat things. 1. He said to weight yourself everyday. If you are at your "good weight" treat yourself with someone you usually wouldn't eat like pasta or an ice cream. The next day weigh yourself again and if you have upped a few pounds---no treats, no extra stuff for that day. I probably won't live by this because if I give myself lee-weigh then I loose control! 2. He said that everyone should ingest Whey Protein daily. EVERYONE, not just athletes. I found some today at WalMart for $15 and its going to be my recovery food from here on out. 3. He also said that a high protein, low card diet is the best way to loose weight. Hey, that Atkins guy really wasn't full of crap! :) 4. He also said, and I will second this forever!, that some people go into losing weight like its a diet (aka temporary change) and he said if you look at it that way instead of a LIFESTYLE change then you will gain the weight back...period. 
Make the change!

Hope that helps for a few of you hoping to shed a few pounds!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

i get more sideaches on treadmills than i do out running on real ground. maybe that is the culprit. it's like the treadmill is running you instead of you running it...or something like that...

Davis and Laura said...

Kelli! That is great advice, I never thought of that. When it greats warmer I want to run outside anyways! Thanks!

Kelli said...

oh yeah, i forget it's not spring like in the rest of the world.