Switched things up a bit today...decided to do a class instead of ride the bike
Fuel: Breakfast Shake
Tunes: whatever the teacher was playing in class---relaxing music
Training: I was suppose to do 8 miles on the bike today but I have felt too tense and constricted with all the cardio that have been doing so, I decided to take the 'yoga fusion' class today, which I love.
Total Time: a little over an hour
Recovery: Water, Protein Shake, did stretching in the class
Status: I really pushed myself yesterday and felt super tense all day. I even went to a body jam class (hip hop/areobics) with some friends later that night and my legs were like jell-o near the end. I was pretty tired come the end of the day! I haven't taken a yoga/strength/fluid class in over 2 weeks so I decided to take this 'yoga fusion' class today which was just what the doctor ordered. It combines yoga with static strength with stretching and a little pilates. Its a great strengthening class because you use your own energy as "weights". And the teacher is amazing! She teaches the yoga class I go to---a true "yogie." I feel longer and leaner already!
Tomorrow: Swim 300 yards, walk 30 mins. Looking forward to a "down day"
*Might go to Yoga tonight
I'm tired. Gonna read my book and take a nap!
Have a good Tuesday!
3 comments:
Laura, You need to make sure that you are staying in your aerobic zone and not doing your aerobic workout in an anaerobic zone. YOu will feel wipeout and tired if you do. so when you feel your heart rate going high...see what it is and make sure you are in your target zone or you are overworking and that is a bad thing. You are burning muscle instead of fat. YOu want to burn fat. Love you! your are so dedicated and inspiring.
Yoga sounds so good right about now. Longer and leaner is just what I need. My doc says I should spread my weight gain out a bit more to "prevent stretch marks. wink wink" I didn't tell him about all the sugar cookies that I have been eating and my obsession with chocolate.
Mom, I am doing that. I make sure I stay in a steady heart rate, and I usually don't push myself further than what feels right but might have a little bit on Monday. :)
Post a Comment