Today was a "brick" day and I really surprised myself....aka---it was awesome!
Fuel: oatmeal with walnuts and skim milk (yum!)
Tunes: Bloc Party, The Police, Snow Patrol, Jump Little Children, Kanye West
Training: "BRICK"= 30 min bike, 10 min run, 20 min walk, plus some ab workouts
Total Time: a little over 60 minutes
Total Distance: Bike: about 5.5 miles, Run/Walk: almost 2 miles
Recovery: water, protein shake, stretching, Luna bar, Target run (to purchase my first ever ipod-anything...I got a shuffle! They are on sale for $45 with a free $5 gift card=$40!!! So excited for to try it out, it will be nice to have something small instead of my heavy phone!)
Status: I totally surprised myself...and let me first say that running is soooo much easier without a freakin' stupid side ache! My biking went well, got a little bored but I survived. I then hopped right over to the treadmill to start my run and I was a little scared because my thighs were pretty tired but I did it! I didn't feel tired and my legs could carry me with ease...plus NO SIDE ACHE and it made my run so much better and more enjoyable. I felt like the biking warmed me up for the running and I ended up running 15 minutes which felt like nothing! I then walked 5 and then did some ab stuff. I was so surprised with how strong I felt and how GOOD I felt as well...gave me a little glimpse of hope because sometimes I wonder what the heck I am doing planning on swimming, biking and running...but I'm committed and gonna do this thang!!!
Tomorrow: Swim 400 yards (actually distance of the race, interested to see my time and how it goes).
Its a beautiful 65 degrees outside and I'm loving it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment