Well, the plan was to do another Sprint Triathlon this summer but just couldn't get into it or rap my mind around it so I looked online to see if there was a 10k that I could run instead. I found one for July 2nd (Saturday races are so hard to find!) in a town just minutes away from me (also hard to find!). So, I jumped on it!!!
I've been training for just a couple weeks and man....I know this sounds nuts...but it is SOOOO much easier than training for the triathlon. How'd I do that for 3 months? Ha! Its good to have a workout schedule again and get in a little more running, which I love! I really, really love to run. I never understood people who said that but I do now. I've always wanted to be a runner and finally feel like I got the flow down and getting the hang of it. I'm super excited to do this race and a little nervous too.
Side story: I went and rode the race in my car and one of the roads is INSANE! I can't even explain it! I don't know how I'm gonna do it but I probably will puke, no joke. Its either up or down the whole way (about 3.5 miles) and some HUGE hills. I'm so nervous for this road but I can do it!!!
Also, we have been sick off and on for the last month...and by "we" I mean me and Marshall ONLY! That tells you how often I see my husband....ha (but really, its not that funny...). Marshall woke up one night struggling to breathe and it was super scary! We ran to the ER and found out he had croup. It took about a week or so for him to get over that and then I caught a cold which turned into the flu and a sinus infection. No. fun. I was out for a week, and just recently we both have gotten these horrible coughs that are keeping us up at night. Oh, its the pits. I hate being sick...and I'm sure Marshall hates it too. Looking forward to some healthy times here soon.
Davis was on nights during April which means he works from 5pm-8am, sleeps til 3pm and then goes to work. We don't see him very much during those times but he only does that twice a year, unlike some places who have you do that every 4 days....oh, well speaking of that! He is on ICU now and actually will be on-call every 4 days! Oh joy!!! So, I will say intern year has been really great so far...just these last couple months have been difficult. Davis starts his 2nd year of residency July 1st. We are really excited...and so proud of him.
Marshall is doing fantastic. He is chatting more and piecing sentences together. The terrible-two's that I mentioned in a previous post seems to have been sick-induced because we got our little dude back. Happy, cheerful, social, friendly, wild and BUUUSSSSY! He is growing up so fast and getting really tall. He loves to play with his friends, color, talk about baseball and Fred Bird (Cardinals mascot), wrestle with dad, watch for doggies out the window, play outside and read books. Oh, everyday we thank our Heavenly Father for bringing such a beautiful child and spirit into our home!
*Oh, and yes Marshall is almost 2 and I'm suuuuure everyone is wondering why we aren't pregnant yet. We are planning on getting pregnant by the end of the summer so just CHILL! And stop staring at my stomach....ha ha ha.*
Well, that's what we have been up to lately. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary for buying and moving to St. Louis this week and soooo glad we are here. We love this area and the friends we have made here. So excited to spend another 3 years here!
And we are doing fine! The tornado hit about an hour south of us (if you heard about it) and we are happy to be safe and sound. Mid-west has the CRAZIEST weather!
1 comment:
glad you didn't get the tornado. we got a warning here during one of my classes and I had to go in the locker room of the rec until it was over. THen later that night the wind was blowing so hard garbage cans were blowing down the street and you could see the rain blowing. scary. thanks for the update and I never questioned when you were going to get pregnant that's your own business. I waited almost 4 years between my kiddos.
Post a Comment