July 6, 2012

3 months...& more

We've had a really fun and busy summer so far. Summer always goes by so fast! The weather has been INSANELY hot over the past week and we've broken record highs that have been around since the 1930's! I'm ready for some rain and cool weather. It makes it hard to get out with the kids but we've found things to do...
Evelyn turned 3 months! I can't believe how big she has gotten and 3 months is when the fun really begins! Her personality is coming out more, she babbling like crazy, she loves her swing (I think mostly because of the mirror she can see herself in!), her face is filling out, she starting to grab at things, rolls on her side, loves to snuggle with blankets, sleeps 7 hours a night (booyah---I can't believe it either!) and loves her family. She's always smiling, cheerful and just a very happy little girl.

Like I said, we've kept busy so here's what we've been up to!

Look at that precious face!
Snuggle bunny!!! Marshall loves to share his blanket and doggie with sissy.
People often say that Evelyn looks like Marshall but being the mom, I just don't see it.  Especially comparing baby pics they really don't look extremely alike....but I did see it a bit in this picture. Evelyn is trying out her pea pod for the first time. She's pretty wobbly in it still....
Trying to grab...
My mom, sister and niece and nephew came into town last week. We braved the heat and hit up Purina Farms---what a FUN place! He's Marshall playing with the tractors.
Went to the World Bird Sanctuary with some friends! 
Marshall being a cowboy...giddy-up!
Purina Farms again.
Went to the Pool when family came into town. It was the ONLY thing to do in the heat and we had a blast. Stayed for 3 hours!!! Wow!!!
Grandma and Evie. 
We went out to dinner one night and when I went to get Marshall out of the car I realized he looked like he was headed to the beach! He picked out those flip-flops by himself at Old Navy. :) Stud!
Davis celebrated his 31st birthday! We had tonkatsu (his favorite Japanese dish) and some yummy cake. After eating his piece of cake Marshall turned to us and said, "That changed my life guys..." He's hilarious. He gets funnier and funnier as the years go by!
Cuties!!!
Father's Day outfit! I love her smile!!!
World Bird Sanctuary again. They had the coolest birds here but Marshall came running to me and was soooo excited to tell me they had PIGEONS! Wow!!! Pigeons! :) He also talked and talked about the black chicken that went "be-goooook!"

Also...
Davis started his 3rd year of residency on the 1st. He seems to like the more responsibility it gives him as well as being able to sleep a bit when he's on call overnight. I can't believe we are half way over. I get sad when I think of moving from St. Louis. I absolutely LOVE it here! I'm excited to see where we end up, though.

I'm in the last stretch of training for my Sprint Triathlon I'm doing on August 4th. I'm super excited and surprised at how fit I still feel even just having a baby. I'm still working on my running because I didn't do much of it pregnant but I've been surprised at how fast I snapped back! I know it might not be my best race but I'm just excited to be doing one at and excited to be doing to it with one of my friends here.
They are so fun! I have another race the following weekend (because I'm insane), its just a 5k and a color run! Can't wait!!!

Marshall has been doing really, really good with the baby-adjusting. We've had a few set-backs with his potty training though and he's regressed quite a bit which has been frustrating but his pediatrician said its normal. I'm waiting for things to settle down a bit and we will work on it some more. I'm in the process of trying to find a preschool for him. He needs something like that so bad! He's a smart kid and needs some kind of extra stimulation to keep him busy! Plus, I could use a break a couple times a week from his busy-ness!

That's what we've been up to! Another busy month---so stay tuned!

No comments: