July 28, 2012

i'm addicted...

My mom gave me this shirt to inspire me...cute huh?

I mentioned a while ago that I was planning on doing a sprint triathlon August 4th...oh, don't worry...I'm still  planning on it. But I'm super nervous this time around. I did my first one last April and thought it was a complete blast! I was hooked and ready to sign up for another one a week after. I know people think I'm crazy for doing things like this but they don't understand.
There is something complete exhilirating about working for something hard, that you NEVER thought you could accomplish and finishing it. Plus, pushing yourself to the up-most extreme is empowering. It makes me feel strong, powerful and gives me confidence. I love it! Its hard work...but I can do hard things.
My last tri I trained for 3 months, 6 days a week for about 2 hours a day.
This time around I've trained for about 6 weeks, 5 days a week for about 1 hour a day and just had a baby 4 months ago. Whoa. See why I'm nervous?
My last races distances were: 400 yard swim, 12.5 mile bike and 3.1 mile run
This time its: 300 yard swim, 16.5 mile bike and 3.1 mile run.

Its a little different this time around and I'm really nervous for the longer bike because that was my biggest struggle last time....granted it was 40*, rainy and windy so I'm hopping the (probably) 100* weather will help...ha! :)

Well, I've really felt unprepared...and honestly a bit crazy for doing something this soon after having a baby but I just had to set a goal for myself and do something for myself. I really missed breaking out in a crazy sweat and pushing my limits while pregnant so I just had to get it out I guess.
Some days I feel like calling it off and quitting and other days I feel powerful and know I can do it. 
We'll see I guess. And thanks to all the friends and family who have been so optimistic and encouraging! 

Wish me luck! 

PS. I'm doing a HUGE giveaway over at Get Pretty so make sure you sign up!!! End August 1st.



No comments: