
So, Marshall has been a really, really good baby. His temperment is pretty chill so when he started randomly screaming everytime I fed him and fussed a lot during the day I got a little worried. And since he only cried when he was hungry I just kept feeding him. Well, come Monday morning he spit up all over me which is another strange thing because he's NEVER done that (crazy, I know). I got worried and put some thoughts together to think that it must be acid reflux...that was my only conclusion.
I called my pediatrician and made an appointment. We went in and I explained to her what was happening. Well, putting together that he had gained almost 9 oz in just 4 DAYS she said that it sounded like he was over-eating and that I was feeding him too much. Huh...who woulda thought? Poor guy was crying because his tummy hurt from being so full and was spitting up because it had no where to go but out! I felt to bad and even worse that I was making my baby a chunker! :)
We've now gotten back into the swing of things...he has finally taken some good naps and back to eating every 2-3 hours. First time mom here...still learning!
PS. I love being a mom! No complaints here...sometimes I just sit back and think how much I love snuggling with my baby and watching him smile in his sleep...oh, and he giggles in his sleep too. So presh. This is the life! :)
6 comments:
he is SO adorable
I was talking to mom and she told me that. I had to laugh. You never know what your doing when you have a baby. You think you figure it out and they decide to do something different, but we love them anyway. SOrry I can't make it. I am bummed. Chris's mom is coming (whom chris hasn't seen in 4 years) and Deva starts preschool(which I am so excited for). I'll give you a call sometime.
Hi Laura! I can only imagine what I'm gonna be like when we have a baby. I know absolutely nothing! Marshall is so cute! I think that he looks like Davis, but he definetly has your eyes. Hope all is well!
He looks so peaceful here. I just want to give him a kiss. Oh yeah!! I get to next week. WEEEEEE! He is so cute.:):} MOM this is not Dallin
What a cutie! And I had the opposite problem! When Grace got bigger I was still only feeding from one side at each feeding, which meant she was hungry about every hour. It was driving me nuts! And then I took her to the pediatrician and she enlightened me. Such a duh moment. Haha. Welcome to mommyhood, though. I'm glad you're loving it--in my opinion it gets more and more wonderful. :)
He's adorable. Congrats! As far as the delivery - I asked my sister why no one told me about how bad it hurts. She said that the first is bad because you don't know what to expect and the 2nd is worse because you do know what to expect. :) But I promise the 2nd was so much better for me! Have fun cuddling him. They grow too fast.
Post a Comment